Price Available Upon Request
b. 1976, Italy. Lives and works in Turin, Italy
Elisa Filomena received a degree in Painting from Turin Academy of Fine Arts in 2002. Elisa Filomena has exhibited in numerous Solo and Group exhibitions in Europe. Filomena’s paintings focus on the human figure and nature, both experienced as everlasting and tender forces in contrast and harmony with the transience of existence. The artworks are often made up of unnatural images revealing hidden dreams and stories. Filomena’s work originates from photographs from the early 1900s that act as a starting point for tales that emerge during the creative process.
- 2021 – Eden, Casa Vuota, curated by Francesco Paolo Del Re and Sabino De Nichilo, Rome
- 2021 – Rocaille Coulisses, together with the sculptor Emilia Faro, curated by Federica Maria Giallombardo, White Lands Art Gallery, Turin
- 2019 – Diario notturno [Nocturnal diary], Circoloquadro contemporary art, curated by Arianna Beretta, Milan
- 2017 – Levitazione [Levitation], Bocca Bookshop, Milan, curated by Vera Agosti
- 2009 – Ritratti [Portraits], Davico Gallery, Turin, curated by Emilio Gargioni
- 2009 – 10 anni di pittura 1998-2008 [10 years of painting], Villa Boriglione, Grugliasco, curated by Sergio Innocenti
- 2008, 2005, 2003, 2002 – Wunderkammer Gallery, Turin, curated by Pino Mantovani in 2008
- 2000 – Public Library, Carignano
Group Exhibitions (Selected)
- 2021 – Prossimamente [forthcoming], designed and curated by Pierluca Cetera, Maurizio Di Feo and Jasmine Pignatelli, Apulia.
- 2021 – To be Both. Hermaphroditus: An Iconological Update, online, curated by Nicola Nitido, Relevo Arts
- 2020 – Orfeo incantatore [Enchanting Orpheus], MIDeC Museum, curated by Lorenza Boisi, Cerro di Laveno Mombello
- 2020 – Noccioline #9 [Peanuts 9th edition], curated by Yellow, Julie Rebecca Poulain’s Studio, Rome
- 2020 – Inventario Varoli, della copia e dell’ombra, curated by Massimiliano Fabbri, Palazzo Sforza, Cotignola
- 2020 – Drawing Storage – Lockdown drawings, online, curated by Giovanna Sarti
- 2020 – Futura contro la paura [Futura against fear], curated by Elena Privitera, Public Ethnographic Museum – Palazzo Vittone, Pinerolo
- 2020 – Affordable Art Fair, Circoloquadro contemporary art, Superstudio Più, Milan.
- 2019 – 60x60x60 – sessanta artisti per sessanta murali [sixty artists by sixty wall paintings], Circoloquadro Contemporary Art, Milan.
- 2019, Sto* Disegnando [I’m drawing], curated by Michael Rotondi, Mercemarcia Gallery, Livorno
- 2002 – Painting, Turin Academy of Fine Arts
Awards & Residencies (Selected)
- 2020 – Exibart Prize, finalist
- 2020 – The Moth Prize, finalist
- 2020 – Inventario Varoli, della copia e dell’ombra, Palazzo Sforza, Cotignola, curated by Massimiliano Fabbri. 2020, Artjobs, March winning artist.
- 2019 – O.R.A. Prize, honourable mention
- 2019 – Combat Prize, finalist, Giovanni Fattori Public Museum, Livorno
- 2018 – Vittorio Viviani Prize 20th edition, Villa Brivio, Nova Milanese
- 2018 – Combat Prize, finalist, Giovanni Fattori Public Museum, Livorno
- 2017 – Landina, en plein air painting experience, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, curated by Lorenza Boisi
- 2017 – Inside the Beatles, Circolo dei Lettori, Turin
- 2011 – Carlo Bonatto Minella Painting Prize, Villa Vallero, Rivarolo Canavese
- 2008 – Carlo Dalla Zorza Painting Prize, Ponte Rosso Gallery, Milan
Press & Publications
- 2020 – Moth Magazine, 10th anniversary edition cover
- 2020 – Per voce creativa. Elisa Filomena: dipingere l’essenza [Creation’s voice. Elisa Filomena: painting the essence], interviewed by Giovanna Lacerda, Wall Street International.
- 2020 – #LIVESOCIAL – Interviste e Storie, Radio Veronica One.
- 2019 – Pittura lingua viva. Parola a Elisa Filomena [Painting living language. Elisa Filomena’s turn], interviewed by Damiano Gulli, Artribune.
- 2018 – L’intervista a Elisa Filomena – l’arte nelle parole degli artisti [Art in artists’ words], interviewed by Samuele Papiro.
- 2018 – Filatrice dell’invisibile [Spinner of threads unseen], interviewed by Maria Rita Montagnani.
- 2017 – Essere artista donna, ieri e oggi [Being a woman artist, yesterday and now-a-days], Palazzo Alberto Poja, Rovereto.
- 2017 – Donne misteriose e spiriti sconosciuti [Myterious women and obscure spirits], interviewed by Manuela Vetrano.
- Permanent Collection of the Cassa di Risparmio Foundation, Cuneo.
- Civica Raccolta del Disegno [Public Drawing Collection], Salò Museum, Salò.
- Luigi Varoli Public Museum, Cotignola.