The rights of spring 3, 2021
b. 1976 in the UK. Lives and Works in Cyprus
Kelly Norman recently completed the Turps Correspondence Course in Painting in 2020, and received a Post Graduate Diploma in Fine Art Practice from The Cyprus College Of Art, Lemba, Cyprus in 2003. Kelly Norman’s work explores topographical landscape through line texture, mark making and form. Kelly Norman is fascinated by the grandeur of the landscape, the sense of place and the physicality of a place. In her recent body of work, Kelly follows the continuation of the topographical landscapes but in a playful, painterly style.
2018 – Between the Lines, Rouan Gallery, Limassol Cyprus
- 2021 – Newsprint first Open call, curated by Chris Shaw, Three Works Gallery, Scarborough, UK
- 2021 – In Absentia, online exhibition, Cohort Art
- 2018 – Larnaca Biennale: Content and Container, Larnaca Municipal Art Gallery, Cyprus
- 2019 – 2020 – Correspondence Course (online), Turps Banana Art School, London, UK
- 2003 – Post Grad Diploma, Fine Art Practice, The Cyprus College Of Art, Lemba, Cyprus
- 1998 – BA Hons Visual Studies, University of Portsmouth, Hampshire UK.
Awards & Residencies
2021 – Jackson’s Painting Prize, Longlisted
Press & Publications
2020, Ecological Citizen: Online Environmental Journal Volume 4, Author: Stephanie Moran
- Cyprus State Collection Nicosia and Limassol, Internship Navigation Limassol Cyprus,
- Private collections Cyprus, UK, Holland, Jamaica, Italy